International Polish Championship of PhD Students in Beach Volleyball
12-14.08.2014 Gdynia City
Honorary Patronage of the President of Gdynia - Wojciech Szczurek, PhD
The aim of the Championship is to integrate doctoral environments in Europe and promotion of a healthy lifestyle through physical activity.
- 1Championship Organiser : National Representation of Ph.D. Candidates in Poland
- Localisation: Poland, Gdynia Municipal Beach, Zawisza Czarny St.
- Accommodation : Poland, Gdynia, 207 Col. Dąbka St. (XIII High School )
- Coordinator : Katarzyna Kropielnicka AWF Wroclaw, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Referee: Jaroslaw Kłodziński AWFiS Gdansk
- The University may delegate only one team of up to 4 people .
- During the match the team plays only as a mixed couple.
- Submission deadline: 10.07.2014 at 12:00 .
- Application forms should be sent to: email@example.com
10. Participation in the tournament:
a) The teams arrive at their own expense
b) Participation in the tournament is voluntary
c) The team have to provide self-insurance on their own
d ) The organizer provides modest conditions to stay in school halls of 8 people
(two teams in 1 room) .
e ) The organizer provides breakfasts
f ) on the field playing team consists of two people (male and female PhD student)
- 16 teams can participate in the tournament ( up to 8 teams from Polish ) on a first-come-first-service basis
- Teams compete within eight groups of four teams each, Each group plays a round-robin tournament, in which each team is scheduled for three matches against other teams in the same group.
- The best team in the group will advance to the semi-finals
- Semi-finals are followed by the third-place match (contested by the losing semi-finalists), and the final.
- Teams are ranked from 1st to 16th place.
- Matches are judged by a single referee.
- Team captain is the only person that can discuss with the referee.
- A game is being played to 15 points, the game is not over until a team leads by 2 points.
- The games are played according to Polish Volleyball Federation rules.
- Technical briefing is planned on 11.08.2014 at 20:00 in the accommodation place.
- In cases not covered by the rules of Championships the referee decides.
Prizes: trophies, medals, diplomas
With best regards,